meet doug bozell
Doug concentrates his practice in estate and tax planning, wills, trusts and estates administration, business succession planning, real estate and general business law. He regularly lectures to attorneys and other estate planning professionals on a variety of estate planning and tax topics.
Doug received his B.A. in English, summa cum laude, Phil Beta Kappa, his M.A. in history, and his J.D. from Indiana University, and his LL.M. in Tax from Washington University in St. Louis.
Prior to joining Ruml + Bozell PLC, Doug practiced as an associate with a boutique estate planning firm in St. Louis, Missouri, and as an Equity Member (Partner) with the Louisville, Kentucky office of Frost Brown Todd LLC.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is licensed to practice law in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri.
Doug grew up in Southern Indiana and Western Kentucky but made Louisville his home in 2000. He loves digging into the past through genealogy. In addition to exploring the past, he invests in the future with his six children spanning ages from preschool to college. Doug and his wife, Wendy, attend Sojourn Community Church – East Campus.
Highlights & Recognitions
- Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Louisville Trusts and Estates “Lawyer of the Year,” 2017; Trusts and Estates, 2010-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Kentucky Super Lawyers®, Estate & Probate, 2010-2016
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow, 2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- Missouri Bar Association, 1994
- Illinois Bar Association, 1997
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1998
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2001
- Louisville Bar Association, Probate Section – 2009 Vice Chair, 2010 Chair
- Estate Planning Council of Metro Louisville – 2012, Vice-President, 2013 President
- WHAS Crusade for Children Endowment Board – 2010-2017
- SAR – Louisville Thruston Chapter – 2013 – 2017, Vice-President & Chancellor